|It's all about God!
|Clifton Forge Baptist Church - 511 McCormick Blvd. - P.O. Box 121 - Clifton Forge, VA 24422 - (540) 862-7481
|In Light of the CoVid 19 - (Coronavirus)
|The Deacons, the Transition Leadership Team (TLT), and Pastor Tom are happy to
announce we have developed plans and implemented recommendations we see as a good
path to follow that will enable us to safely begin Step 1 of our return. As you recall, we
previously outlined steps that will bring us together in our new normal status:
• Step 1 – Meet for Sunday morning worship.
• Step 2 – Include Sunday School prior to morning worship (date to be determined).
• Step 3 – Expand to some additional activities, such as bible study or small group
gatherings (date to be determined).
• Step 4 – Resume all activities while still employing reasonable safety precautions
(the new normal).
Your input, the information gained from the Virginia Department of health, the CDC, BGAV,
and published articles both in print and online provided us with information leading us to
develop the following guidelines:
• We will practice social distancing at all times. If you are not in regular contact with an
individual you may see at worship, please respect a 6’ separation from that person.
• Seating in the sanctuary is marked in such a way as to allow us to assemble together
while being considerate of the responsibilities we have for each other’s safety.
• We will wear masks or face coverings in accordance with Virginia governmental
guidelines. This is yet another way we can honor our responsibility for each other’s
• We encourage frequent hand washing or the use of hand sanitizer and have placed
stations at each entrance of the church and in the sanctuary equipped with hand
sanitizer, masks, gloves, and sanitizing wipes for you to use in church.
Other temporary arrangements include:
• We will use a limited number of doors to enter and exit the building. The rear alley
door, the door at the handicap ramp in front, and the left front door will be unlocked.
We will not use the kitchen door, the middle front door, nor the door to the educational
• Access to all stairs and the King Memorial will be restricted.
• Collection boxes will be located in the back and in the front of the sanctuary to receive
your tithes and offerings. We will not be passing a collection plate during Step 1.
• When we observe communion, we will have the bread individually wrapped and the
juice in single serving containers available to be picked up as you enter the sanctuary.
• Choir, fellowship dinners, handshakes, and hugs are also temporarily suspended.
We will continue to supply Sunday worship video, phone tree devotionals, personal
telephone calls for a time, and host Sunday School via Zoom video conferencing.